- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter, smooth works better
- 1/2 cup Butter, if your dairy free, use soya butter I did and they still tasted amazing.
- 3 cups of rice krispies
- 100g of chocolate, again I used dairy free chocolate but normal chocolate will work aswell.’
Shop For Grocery Items
[button link=”http://geni.us/RQB0oST” type=”big” color=”pink” newwindow=”yes”] Check Deals and Discounts on Amazon Now![/button]
- Pop the sugar and maple syrup into a saucepan and melt over a medium heat, stirring occasional until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add your peanut butter and butter and melt down, again stirring occasional.
- Measure out your rice krispies in a separate bowl, then once the peanut butter mix has melted, add it to the krispies the mixture should be sticky, you also want the krispies to be completely covered so they stick together well.
- Add the krispies into a baking tray lined with some parchment paper to prevent sticking. Press the krispies into each other so they are nice and tight on the tray.
- Now melt your chocolate either over some boiling water or in the microwave and then spread over the krispies. Spread it out evenly and then pop into the fridge for at least 40 minutes so the chocolate and the krispies set.
- Then take out of the tray, cut into squares and try not to consume them all at once.