Today my blog is being taken over by the lovely Lauren from Makeup By Lauren Marie, who’s posting this amazing sounding recipe. I think I need to make some of these when I’m back off holiday!
Hi everyone my name is Lauren. I run two blogs one beauty and one lifestyle and recently I just can’t stop baking, I blame the blog. Today I have a mouth watering treat for you. If your not a fan of peanut butter replace it with normal butter or marshmallows. These rice krispies sqaures are so easy to make so even if your not a Nigella in the kitchen, you will have no problem making these. I actually do all my measuring in cups, I bought some in the poundshop and they are so much easier and saves on washing up…..Which is a plus.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter, smooth works better
- 1/2 cup Butter, if your dairy free, use soya butter I did and they still tasted amazing.
- 3 cups of rice krispies
- 100g of chocolate, again I used dairy free chocolate but normal chocolate will work aswell.’
Shop For Grocery Items
- Pop the sugar and maple syrup into a saucepan and melt over a medium heat, stirring occasional until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add your peanut butter and butter and melt down, again stirring occasional.
- Measure out your rice krispies in a separate bowl, then once the peanut butter mix has melted, add it to the krispies the mixture should be sticky, you also want the krispies to be completely covered so they stick together well.
- Add the krispies into a baking tray lined with some parchment paper to prevent sticking. Press the krispies into each other so they are nice and tight on the tray.
- Now melt your chocolate either over some boiling water or in the microwave and then spread over the krispies. Spread it out evenly and then pop into the fridge for at least 40 minutes so the chocolate and the krispies set.
- Then take out of the tray, cut into squares and try not to consume them all at once.
These are the nicest Krispies recipe I have tried and I highly recommend them especially if your addicted to peanut butter like me. For more recipes including dairy and gluten free ones head over to my lifestyle blog – lovelaurenmarie.blogspot.ie and to get your beauty fix check out my beauty blog –www.makeupbylaurenmarie.com Comment below if you make these!