I’m the sort of person who has a huge sweet tooth. I love anything that’s sweet, especially puddings. One of my favourite desserts is Creme Brulee, whenever I’m out for dinner and see this on the menu I just can’t help myself. I always thought they were pretty complicated to make so I’ve never tried to give them a go at home, but when Sunrise Care Homes offered me a recipe card to make my favourite dessert I was excited to give it a try.
- 200ml of double cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 40g of caster sugar
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- 30g of brown sugar
To make your Creme Brulee you need to:
- Preheat your oven to 150C/fan 130C/Gas mark 2
- Place the cream in a saucepan and bring to boiling point, then reducing the heat slightly
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl until pale
- Then gradually whisk the egg mix into the warm cream, whisking continuously until thickened, and then adding the vanilla essence
- Then strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a large jug to make sure the mixture is smooth, and pour into ramekins
- Place your Creme Brulee’s in your oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes until the brulee mix is just about set, then set them aside to cool and then chill
- To serve, sprinkle the sugar evenly over the top of each Brulee, and caramelise using a blow torch and eat immediately!
Get that caramelisation done!
I was surprised at how easy these were to make! And with a basic recipe like this it’s easy to change if you’re feeling experimental and add things like raspberries or even chocolate pieces. Of course everyone at home helped me to eat these, and I’m sure won’t object to me trying out different flavours!
Craving for Creme Brulee but doesn’t want the hassle?
*Ingredient costs were supplied for this post