For years I’ve loved baking, but I’m not always very good at it. Sometimes I can make amazing bakes, other times I can make more ‘meh’ kind of cakes. My skills really aren’t that great, and although I won’t be making star baker on GBBO anytime soon, my baking skills are slowly starting to improve. Recently I’ve started to perfect a few recipes, and one of my favourites is my banana and cinnamon muffins.
These muffins are quite basic, but when done well, they are super delicious. Because I’m pretty proud of how well my muffins have turned out, I wanted to share my recipe, and well show off a little at how good these muffins look.
All you need is:
- 200g plain flour (I used a gluten free one for these muffins)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
This is probably one of the quickest and easiest recipes I’ve baked for sometime, and it only really took me 10 minutes to prepare. All I had to do was:
… And ta dahhhh! The perfect banana and cinnamon muffins!
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and set aside
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth
- Spoon evenly into baking cases in muffin tin
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly tapped