One of my favourite things to do, is to bake. You may have noticed over the years on this blog that the odd baking recipe comes up every now and then, and really it’s something I’d like to do more of but 1. I’m not a great baker, and 2. I usually eat the cake before I take photos of it…
However, on this occasion I managed to take photos of my sugar free tea loaf before I ate it all, so thought I’d share it over on the blog for a change.
To make the tea loaf you need:
This is one of my favourite recipes to make because it’s so simple, you can make it in a few steps:
- 8 Fluid oz cold tea (I used earl grey)
- 12 oz dried fruit
- 8 oz self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Put the dried fruit in a bowl with the tea and leave overnight on your kitchen side
- After the fruit has soaked over night preheat your oven to gas mark 4, and grease or line a loaf tin
- Add the flour, dried fruit and tea mix with the cinnamon into a bowl and mix together, then mix the egg into the mixture before placing the mixture into the loaf tin
- I then sprinkled a little sweetener on top to give it a little crunch, but that’s optional
- Place in the oven and bake for an hour
It’s really that easy to make, and it’s super tasty and as it’s sugar free it makes me feel like I don’t need to feel guilty when I eat it. Huzzah! This is one of my favourite recipes to make when I have friends round, as it’s just so yummy and everyone always complements me on it.
Do you like tea loaf? Will you be trying this recipe?