A few weeks ago I talked about how I was trying to eat a little healthier, and I’ve been trying to change a few of my bad eating habits. As I wrote in my healthy eating post I’ve been trying to find healthy alternatives, and I’ve been focusing on trying to add things into my diet, instead of cutting them out. While I’ve been eating healthier I’ve found a couple of new recipes that I’ve been enjoying, especially a few for more healthier treats. One that I’ve been enjoying lately is banana bread. Not only is it delicious, but it also smells amazing while it’s baking.
It’s pretty easy to make this banana bread, and here’s what you’d need to make it:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp baking soda
- 3tbsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 5tbsp coconut oil (I find using it melted is easier!)
- 220g oats
And here’s how to make the tasty banana bread:
This banana bread is delicious, and is also dairy, gluten and sugar free so it makes me think that I can have an extra slice without feeling too guilty! It’s a great healthy alternative, and the coconut oil gives it a lovely taste.
Do you like banana bread? Will you be trying out this recipe?
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and mix together with the eggs and coconut oil
- Add the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and chia seeds and mix well
- pour into a loaf greased loaf tin
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until it looks golden and a clean toothpick comes out of the centre